Saturday, November 11, 2006

DREAMS - 1) Deb and I were someplace like a courtyard and I wanted to check out a house that I thought was for sale. She stayed there and I walked though a development. I passed 4 children having their picture taken. Right past them was a huge mansion that was gutted on the inside. There were a lot of windows and you could see that the house would need a lot of restoration. I went back to the courtyard to get Deb to show her. I mentioned that finding this was similiar to finding the Turner farm in East Stroudsburg (a 100 acre farm right near the populated area). 2) I was watching a DVD of old group concert footage. I recall see the Supremes. The sound quality was not that good. I also was browsing what looked like a copy of a booklet that said what groups were on the DVD. 3) There were a bunch of people and we were playing trivial pursuit. Wade (my brother) was there and he wasn't playing. Someone asked if he would play next time and he said no. The person who asked him said he might as well leave if he was not going to ever play. He picked up his stuff and left. I commented that he didn't like trivia games and that we were not being fair to him by playing them all the time.
RAMBLES - I walked to the post office yesterday and I noticed that the light posts in town have their Christmas wreaths on them already. Somehow this just does not seem right. I remember as a kid, Christmas was officially on the way when you saw Santa at the end of the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Now I have already seen one place with Christmas lights, and now this. Of course, we were in K-mart a month ago and they had their Christmas stuff out. Every year I think it - I agree with the old Peanuts special. Christmas is too commercial and they said that in 1965. I long for a quiet Christmas, where I can just spend at least one night just taking it all in. Its one of the reasons I like going into NYC to do a little shopping ahead of time. I kind of feel all alone then, just me and my thoughts. I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home