Wednesday, November 08, 2006

HISTORY - So you ask who or what is an Aram Aandahl? He is a pen name that was created quite some time ago. I began writing songs in 1966 at the age of 14. It seemed like the right thing to do. I played bass in a band and the lead guitarist and I wrote 3 songs that were OK by 14 year old standards, but we only performed 2 of them when we played. I continued to write, but since I had limited ability in actually writing the music down, it all became just words on paper. I wrote a lot, mainly expressing what I was feeling at the time. While I cannot put my finger on it exactly, on 9/30/71 I began writing under the pen name of Aram Aandahl. I honestly do not remember why I chose that name. Looking online I see nothing that would have led me to pick a last name of Aandahl, but I did. I continued to write up until June of 1975, when I laid down my pen for the most part and I have not written a song since. I guess it was because I really did not have the emotional stuff running through my body anymore, and I was/am happy. Also, not being able to actually write the music down was/is a problem. I plan on taking up the piano, and once I can do more than bang out a couple of notes, I intend to write once more. Most everyone does not know that there is a book of my songs sitting in the bookcase, and in fact they will be thrown out if no one knows about them when I die. They are meaningful only as an in sight as to what was going on in my life at the time the songs were written, as for the first 100 or so I wrote on the back what they were about. I got a little lazy, and then things changed around the time of summer of 1972. I never wrote down what the songs were about , mainly in fear that the description would be read. Perhaps in this blog I will reveal some of that as I doubt anyone will ever stumble upon the Ramblings of Aram. The right time to ramble on about this would be in June of 2007, for then it will be 35 years. Then again, there are somethings that are best left unsaid and stay behind doors in your mind that should stay forever locked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home